Multishield will provide a healthcare delivery system that:
i. Operates at a location easily accessible to all members of the institution especially during emergencies;
ii. Provides comprehensive cover for all basic physician and hospital services including surgical and dental services;
iii. Is universally available to all residents of the institution on uniform terms and conditions;
iv. Is responsive to all types of medical and surgical emergencies that may occur within the different age groups.
The beneficiaries will be
a) All staff of the Institution, either resident or non-resident
b) All bonafide students of the Institution, either resident or non resident
All staff of the Institution will be covered with their direct dependants.
Students will be covered as individual beneficiaries.
Period of Cover
All staff and dependants will be covered at all times, whether the Institution is in session or not, even when the Institution is closed.
All students will be covered at all times whether the university is in session or not.
Student will not be covered when the Institution is closed down.
Premium will be an agreed monthly rate per student and a monthly rate per family unit for members of staff.
Payment will be made annually.
Eligibility for Cover
· All staff and student are expected to undergo medical examination before being eligible for cover.
· Persons suffering from the following chronic diseases are not eligible for cover;
a. Acquired Immunodeficiency Deficiency Syndrome(AIDS)
c. Chronic Renal Failure
The Health Centre
1) The health centre will be furnished, fully equipped by the Institution and administered in collaboration with Multishield
2) An ideal staff complement and quality will be established in relation to the patient population in the Institution.
3) All staff of the health centre, Professional and administrative will be administered by Multishield Limited.
4) The radiological facility and laboratory will be equipped by the institution
5) A minimum of two ambulances will be commissioned for use.
6) Primary and Secondary care will be provided at the health centre while cases requiring tertiary care will be referred to the appropriate hospitals within Nigeria at the expense of Multishield Limited.
7) Maternity care will be provided for staff up to a maximum of four live births
8) Primary Dental care will be provided.
9) The Accident and Emergency Unit will be well developed and equipped to manage serious cases.
The Healthcare delivery for any Institution is not complete without any attention to the aspect of preventive care. The special emphasis of Multishield Limited on preventive care is designed to promote optimum health within the Institution. This ensures the physical and mental well-being of the members of the community, a prerequisite of virtually all the segments of the community for academic pursuits. The emphasis is also designed to reduce pressure on the facilities available at the Primary Health Centre of the institution.
A health program does not stop at primary enlightenment alone. The enlightenment would be sustained in order to maintain the awareness in the consciousness of the members of the community. Awareness posters will be strategically located in various parts of the Institution and will convey messages that are precise, simple, informative and, above all, truthful. Of utmost importance in a predominance of Youth is the campaign against smoking and substance abuse. This will be aggressive and sustained since the unfortunate habits, apart from being addictive, lead to poor academic performance and disruptive behaviour.
The dangers of AIDS in a young and active community cannot be over-emphasized. The campaigns will be both visual and interactive. Billboards and information leaflets will be complemented by lectures, seminars and video viewings in halls of residence.
Family planning and immunization clinics will be conducted by specialized personnel. Family health talks and seminars will be held frequently for the benefit of the childbearing segment of the segment.
2. Annual Medical Checkup
For the population above 55 years of age, it is advisable to do routine medical screening for the early detection of certain treatable diseases. These categories of illnesses are treatable only if detected early. It is proposed that ALL ADULTS above 55 years of age be screened annually in order to facilitate the early detection and treatment of potentially serious ailments. The screening will be done at no extra charge. It is also proposed that all catering workers be screened regularly for communicable diseases. This will be done at no extra cost as well.
3. Public Health
Our health promotion policy also focuses on the physical and social environment as it relates to the health of the population. Sanitation, drainage, environmental pollution, violence, accidents, lifestyle and stress will all be comprehensively addressed by the consultancy department of Multishield Limited.